CONSTITUTION OF THE CLUB
The club consist of “TWO BODIES” namely an Executive Council and a Managing Council.
1.1 The Executive Council:
· is responsible for all major decisions made.
· will assist the Managing Council when requested
· can overrule any decision made by the Managing Council, a vote of no confidence can be called.
· Members of the Executive Council:
o Anslin Petersen
o Giovanni de Wet
o Neil Lally
o Juan Boyes
o Warren Meyer
o Angelique de Wet
o Donell Boyes
o Natasha Petersen
o Tania Lally
1.2 The Managing Council:
· is responsible for the day to day running of the club
· along with the Executive Council are responsible for all minor decisions made
· 2015 Managing Council
President - Juan Boyes
Master of Arms - Giovanni de Wet
PR & Operations Manager - Donell Boyes
Vice President / Webmaster - Warren Meyer
Road Captain - Neil Lally
Road Captain - Anslin Petersen
Treasurer - Angelique de Wet
Secretary - Tania Lally
Secretary - Natasha Petersen
2. GENERAL RULES
· Respect all fellow members of the club
· Respect all fellow bikers
· Unruly and destructive behaviour, which reflects poorly on the club, will be dealt with accordingly.
· Personal issues to remain separate from Club issues at all times
· Boys meetings are held the last Saturday or Thursday of every month depending on biking related events
· Club meetings are held on the second last Saturday of every 3rd month
· Unruly and disruptive behaviour will not be allowed
· Unable to attend meeting – notification must be given to any Managing Council Member
· Punctuality is paramount
2.2 RUNS AND RALLIES
· Full colours to be worn
· All club members to camp together
· The AGM will be Chaired by the Executive Council
· The AGM will be the first club meeting for the year
· A re-election of the Managing Council will be held
· All voting is reserved for Full Colour Members only
· A vote of No Confidence can be called by the Executive Council
· An annual plan to be developed, i.e Rallies and functions to be attended as a club
· All joining fees and monthly subscription will be determined at AGM
· All joining fees and monthly subscription fees will increase by 10% annually
· Monthly subscription fee of R110 must be paid
· Full financial statements will be given at AGM
· Managing Council will deal with all arrears
· No member should be more than 3 month in arrears or face potential suspension and/or termination.
· Joining Fees can be paid in cash or via EFT to the Club’s Bank account.
· Monthly Subscription Fees must be paid via Debit Order or EFT into the Club’s Bank Account.
2.5 NEW MEMBERS
· All New Hangarounds and/or Prospect Members must be 18 Years and older
· All new Hangarounds and/or Prospect Members must be keen motorcycle enthusiasts
· Hangaround status must be approved by the Executive Council and Managing Council.
· Minimum Hangaround stipulated period is 12 months
o Hangarounds are considered representatives of the Club, and all actions and behaviour therefore must be aligned with that of the Club’s at all times.
· At the end of the Hangaround period, Hangaround will be considered for application to become a Prospect Member upon approval of the Executive Council and Managing Council.
· Prospect Member will have to complete an application form and will be interviewed by the Executive Council and Managing Council.
· Upon approval of the application, the Prospect Member is required to pay a once off non-refundable joining fee of R1,500.00 (One Thousand Five Hundred Rand).
· The joining fee is payable in full upon handing in of application..
· The joining fee includes Club off-cut which remains club property upon leaving the club.
· Partners of Club Members can become either patch-wearing members or full colour Members at the discretion of the Executive Council and Managing Council
o Purchase of the Club off-cut for Patch Wearing Members and all associated costs is the responsibility of the Club Member / Partner / Spouse.Patch Wearing Members’ actions and behaviour while representing the interests of the club, is the full responsibility of the Club Member / Partner / Spouse.
o Patch Wearing Members have no voting rights and are NOT considered members of the club, and therefore pay no joining or subscription fees.
o Patch Wearing Members are required to return the Club off-cut should they decide to no longer be Patch Wearing Members for whatever reason.
o Patch Wearing Members can become full colour members but full Prospect Member rules apply, and Club off-cut to handed in.
o Partners who wish to become full colour members, must follow same protocol as New Members.
2.5.1 BECOMING A FULL COLOUR MEMBER
· There is no set Probation period, but a minimum probation period of 6 months applies.
· This period will be determined by prospect member’s behaviour and commitment.
· Must attend club monthly meetings but will be excused during financial discussions
· Must attend club runs / outings and socials
· Must represent at fellow clubs day functions and rallies
2.5.2 CLUB COLOURS WILL NOT BE OBTAINED:
· If Attendance of monthly meeting and club socials is irregular or absent without valid reasons
· If Prospect Members attitude and behaviour is not aligned with that of the Club’s constitution.
· Even after all prospect member joining criteria has been met, full membership colours can be withheld at Executive Council’s discretion
2.6 TAKING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE
· Only a period of 6 months will be granted, but exceptions can be made at the discretion of the Executive Council or Managing Council.
· Extensions will be granted with valid reason at the discretion of the Executive Counil or Managing Council.
· No subscription fees are payable during this period.
· Even during leave of absence – all duties must still be fulfilled unless otherwise decided by the Executive Council or Managing Council or circumstances does not allow.
2.7 SUSPENSION OF MEMBERSHIP
· Is at the discretion of the Executive Council and Managing Council
· Membership can be suspended if the Leave of Absence period expires and no valid reason is given for an extension
· Membership can be suspended if Subscription Fees are more than 3 month in arrears.
o Suspension does not exempt Members from paying subscription fees.
· Suspended Members do not partake in any club activities.
· Suspended Members must return Club off-cuts to the Club for the duration of their suspension
o Club off-cuts will be returned at the end of the suspension.
· Duration of suspension is at the discretion of the Executive Council and Managing Council
· Refer to 2.9 for Minor Offences and Major Offences
2.7 TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
· VOLUNTARY TERMINATION
o Written notice should be given to the Club including reasons why the member is considering resignation.
o The Executive council will meet before final resignation is accepted.
o Keeping of club colours and off-cut at the Executive Council and Managing Council’s discretion
· INVOLUNTARY TERMINATION
o At the discretion of the Executive Council and Managing Council
2.8 UNRULY AND DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOUR
· MINOR OFFENCES
o First Offence - Verbal warning will be given
o Second Offence – Written warning
o Third Offence - At the discretion of the Executive Council and Managing Council
· MAJOR OFFENCES
o Will be dealt with at the discretion of the Executive Council
o May lead to immediate suspension accompanied by handing in of club off-cut and possibly termination of membership
2.9 TERMINATION OF CLUB
· At the discretion of the Executive Council
· All proceeds to be given as a donation to an organisation chosen by the Executive Council
© Copyright 1997 - 2015 Suicidal Tendencies Cape Town MCC